Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hair to dye for

I have been dying my hair forever. I have not gone au natural, since grade seven. Given that I am going to be 40 this year, that's a long time. Over the years I have had almost every hair color under the rainbow, in addition to the more moderate colours, I have gone pretty extreme, at one point I have platinum blond hair only to be replaced with the blackest of black hair. Obviously some of these colors have required more effort and upkeep than others.

I am getting older and my color choices are not nearly as dramatic as they used to be, nowadays I color more to cover the grey than anything else. I have no issues stating my age, but I am not a fan of my grey hairs. However I also wish to minimize my impact on the environment. As I have not found a truly sustainable, earth friendly hair dye that covers my grey, I have decided that I will not be using hair dye any more. This is big for me and I am not sure if I will be able to keep it up. But at least for now, I'm going grey.

No comments: