Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations President Obama

Last night I, like many, spent my evening glued to the television watching the results pour in. When the media finally declared Barack Obama as the next US President, I felt a sense of elation, and I was speechless. As trite as it sounds, I could not help thinking, this is history and I am a part of it. I was not sure that I would see this in my lifetime. For me, a Canadian, Barack Obama is a symbol of change and hope, even though he is not my leader. His speeches and actions were inclusionary, something I have hoped that our politicians would be. Perhaps for Canada's next election we will have our Obama.

President-Elect Obama has a tough job ahead of him. I believe that he will do a great job and I wish him and all of America the best.

No comments: