Saturday, November 8, 2008

Plodding along...

I figured that I would do a bit of an update about my little corner of the world.

In a few days once again I will be going to the polls, his time it is for a municipal election. Unlike the Federal election, I have no idea what any of the candidates are campaigning on or about. I do need to get my butt in gear and find out about everyone so that I can at least vote intelligently.

Work has been exceeding busy and while I am always grateful that I have steady and interesting employment, I am fearful that I am losing the work-life balance. This balance is something that is almost sacred to me. I do not wish to become an individual who either cannot or will not retire because they have nothing outside of work. Hence I ensure that my free time is spent on activities and thoughts that have nothing to do with work. Right now I am hopeful that soon work will go back to normal and I will again be able to get a decent night's sleep without the nagging worry about things that need to be done.

I signed out a couple of books from the library, in an effort to learn how to crochet and knit. This has not worked out so well and I am now looking for a class. Hopefully I will find one soon.

Not all is doom and gloom in my life. I had to take one of my kitties to the vet and after some dental work she is now in good health. There was some concern regarding a lump in her mouth, however the lump has been removed and she is back to her feisty self.

I have also been inspired by a friend of mine, and I am once again beginning to sew. So far I have started a simple nightshirt. I figure if it does not turn out exactly as I want no one need see it.

No comments: